Service Fees And Charges For Associations Of Realtors®
The following service charges for operation of the Service are in effect to defray the costs of the Service and are subject to change from time to time in the manner prescribed:
(A) Initial Participation Fee: When service is sold to other Associations, this fee shall be paid to the Triad Multiple Listing Service, Inc., as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
(B) Recurring Participation Fee: The monthly participation fee of each Shareholder or other subscriber associations to this Service shall be in such amount as established annually by the Board of Directors after approval in accordance with Article V and VI, (F)(4) of the Bylaws.
On or about the first day of the quarter (January, April, July, October) Triad MLS will run queries to determine the number of users that are active, were active, or were new for the previous quarter (the “Quarterly User Report”). Triad MLS shall send each Shareholder or subscriber association its respective draft Quarterly User Report. Triad MLS and the Shareholder or subscriber association shall work together to resolve any discrepancies, errors, or inaccuracies in the Quarterly User Report. Thereafter, Triad MLS shall send each Shareholder or subscriber association an invoice for the previous quarter based on the final Quarterly User Report. The bill shall be paid on or before the last day of the month in which it is billed. In the event the bill is unpaid by the twentieth day of the month in which it is billed, an additional notice will be sent via fax. Unlicensed individuals or those whose real estate or appraisal licenses are inactive and who are solely engaged in soliciting business as a relocation coordinator or employed as a secretary must have an approved Unlicensed Assistant Request on file with the Triad MLS. Unlicensed Assistants may not be performing any acts requiring licensure as outlined in Articles 1&2, as approved by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. Any disputed amount shall be paid until otherwise overturned at a Board of Directors meeting.
(C) Unlicensed Assistant Request Procedure:
- Triad MLS Unlicensed Assistant Request Applications must be submitted to Triad MLS on the form shown as Exhibit 3.
- Upon receipt of the request, user will be assigned a 14 day password. The user must attend training class prior to the expiration of the password.
- If the Triad MLS Board of Directors denies the Unlicensed Assistant Request Application, the staff from the Shareholder or from the Association of REALTORS® who subscribe to the Service shall notify the Participant Member as to the reason(s) why the requestwas denied.
- The decision of the Triad MLS Board of Directors is final.
- If the broker-in-charge who signs the Triad MLS Unlicensed Assistant Request Application resigns from his or her Association, the application is null and void and must be resubmitted to Triad MLS.
- If the Unlicensed Assistant either obtains an active real estate or appraisal license or begins performing acts requiring licensure, the Participant must notify both the Association and the Triad MLS Board of Directors in writing within ten (10) business days and the Unlicensed Assistant must become a full dues-paying user of the Triad MLS. If the Participant does not notify the Association and the Triad MLS Board of Directors, he or she will be subject to penalties imposed by the Board of Directors. Violators will be billed for MLS access from the date (plus 10 days) they obtained an active real estate or appraisal license.