Service Fees And Charges For Associations Of Realtors®
The following service charges for operation of the Service are in effect to defray the costs of the Service and are subject to change from time to time in the manner prescribed:
(A) Initial Participation Fee: When service is sold to other Associations, this fee shall be paid to the Triad Multiple Listing Service, Inc., as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
(B) Recurring Participation Fee: The monthly participation fee of each Shareholder or other subscriber to this Service shall be in such amount as established annually by the Board of Directors after approval in accordance with Article V and VI, (F)(4) of the Bylaws.
The number of users shall be determined on the first business day of the following months: March, June, September, and December. These shall be prorated on a monthly basis. New billing amounts will be noticed to each Shareholder on the first business day of the following months: January, April, July, and October. The bill shall be paid on or before the last day of the month in which it is billed. In the event the bill is unpaid by the twentieth day of the month in which it is billed, an additional notice will be sent via fax. Unlicensed individuals or those whose real estate or appraisal licenses are inactive and who are solely engaged in soliciting business as a relocation coordinator or employed as a secretary must have an approved Unlicensed Assistant Request on file with the Triad MLS. Unlicensed Assistants may not be performing any acts requiring licensure as outlined in Articles 1&2, as approved by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. Any disputed amount shall be paid until otherwise overturned at a Board of Directors meeting.
(C) Recurring Participation Fee for Outlying Participants: Exemptions will be made for licensed agents affiliated with Outlying Participants (as defined in Section 19) who do not wish to have access to the service.
Provided, that no Unlicensed Assistants Request will be granted to Outlying Participants for any agents’ assistants or office help from their office. Anyone using the system, or listing property in Triad MLS, will have to be a subscriber/user in good standing.
Please reference Section 1.16 regarding co-listings.
(D) Unlicensed Assistant Request Procedure:
- Triad MLS Unlicensed Assistant Request Applications must be submitted to Triad MLS on the form shown as Exhibit 3.
- Upon receipt of the request, user will be assigned a 14 day password. The user must attend training class prior to the expiration of the password.
- If the Triad MLS Board of Directors denies the Unlicensed Assistant Request Application, the staff from the Shareholder or from the Association of REALTORS® who subscribe to the Service shall notify the Participant Member as to the reason(s) why the requestwas denied.
- The decision of the Triad MLS Board of Directors is final.
- If the broker-in-charge who signs the Triad MLS Unlicensed Assistant Request Application resigns from his or her Association, the application is null and void and must be resubmitted to Triad MLS.
- If the Unlicensed Assistant either obtains an active real estate or appraisal license or begins performing acts requiring licensure, the Participant must notify both the Association and the Triad MLS Board of Directors in writing within ten (10) business days and the Unlicensed Assistant must become a full dues-paying user of the Triad MLS. If the Participant does not notify the Association and the Triad MLS Board of Directors, he or she will be subject to penalties imposed by the Board of Directors. Violators will be billed for MLS access from the date (plus 10 days) they obtained an active real estate or appraisal license.